Colerain Township is among the 12 townships of Hamilton County. The city began as an ancient village that John Dunlap settled in when he arrived. He was from Coleraine Iceland. When he came, he named the area Fort Coleraine and also Dunlap’s Station.
Dunlap was not the first person in the area; some natives had lived in the area for centuries. In 1794, the township was organized. The city’s population then began to pick up as developmental projects began. The natives in the area were not pleased with Dunlap’s settlement. It led to attack after he and some families had settled and they were forced to move to north bend after the assault.
The city has a lot of developed land that is mostly urban. Many people opt to live in the urbanized areas while others continue agricultural development in parts of the town. There are many activities that the people engage in including property development.
The town has become more organized and has an elaborate government system. A three-member board governs the city, and their terms run for four years after they are elected. The political background of the city is one that has been beneficial to the growth of the town.
Colerain has large areas that consist of woodlands. It makes great nature and hiking trails for people who enjoy the outdoors. There are many outdoor activities for both visitors and residents of Colerain. There are also vast fields, perfect for picnics.
German immigrants made their way into Colerain in 1840 and began farming in the southern areas of the town. Their presence can, however, be felt since the cultural practices and the architecture of Colerain are majorly German.
Colerain is served by two interstates which make accessibility easy and opens the town up to businesspeople and residents looking for a great city of residence. The position of the town has contributed to its growth and its recognition by more people.
The future of this town is bright as the residents work hard to secure a future and develop the area and more businesses find their way into the city.